Thursday, April 12, 2007

The alterations on my wedding gown are finished!

About a month and a half ago, I wrote that I was getting my wedding gown altered. I really had not wanted to do that, but there was no choice: My boobs were simply too big for the gown. (Now that was a first...)

I finally got the altered gown back yesterday. Several weeks ago, after the first round of alterations, I discovered that the dress wasn't quite right -- it was still too tight in the bust, and some of the seams were in danger of ripping. The seamstress fixed all of that at no additional charge, and I picked the gown up yesterday evening.

Of course, as soon as I got home I just had to try it on all over again, this time with the strapless bra-slip-combo I'd gotten to go under it. (The satin material is so pale and thin that you can even see the lines of nude-colored underclothes through it, so I found a nude-colored slip. I don't need all my my guests knowing that I wear a thong.) The dress is so beautiful, and I absolutely cannot wait until the wedding!

While I was at it, I also tried on my pink flapper gown over the slip, and that looks fantastic, too (albeit a little creased from being stored in a box). I also made a quick alteration on my own by undoing a loop of the velvet bow and making the belt a few inches longer, so that it would sit at my hips instead of hiking up to my natural waist. One of the underarms was separating at the seam a little, so I put in a few stitches to tack it up -- not as successful as I would have liked, but unfortunately the satin is very fragile on that dress.

I can't believe how quickly the wedding is coming up!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home